Grade Levels Included in the Program
The E-STEM program is implemented in every grade level for students who attend Ed White Elementary as their home school. In addition, the school district has approved the addition of extra spaces in kindergarten and first grade for students who are outside the attendance zone. The students for these spaces will be chosen through a lottery system. Students in grades 2-5 may transfer into the program in the upper grades through a first come, first served transfer request
as space allows. See Student Transfers
, and CCISD Policy FDA/FDB (LOCAL)
for more information.
Benefits of E-STEM Programs
- Students are provided with high-interest connections in science and engineering curriculum.
- Students are exposed to the elements of basic design and application within the context of the current CCISD science curriculum.
- Students are provided with early opportunities to explore and develop their interests in STEM subjects.
- Students' intellectual passions are encouraged and connected to STEM subjects through problem-based learning.
- Student efficacy, intellectual growth and self esteem are boosted.
Parent Information Meetings
April 14 & April 25 at 6 p.m.
Ed White Elementary Cafeteria